On September 29, 2013, the SNJM’s had an important meeting with the people of Saint-Lin. It was that day, during a Sunday Mass, that a warm tribute was rendered to Marie-Rose Durocher.
The SNJM’s arrived in this municipality in 1848 while their foundress was still alive, and remained until 2011 rendering multiple services: teaching school, giving music lessons, doing pastoral work, serving as sacristans, and being present to the residents in so many different ways.
From history we learn that “It was in answer to a request by Father Grégoire Chabot, pastor of the parish of Saint-Lin, that on September 20, 1848, Mother Marie-Rose sent three Sisters to open a boarding school and a day school for girls”.
Now, 185 years later we are gathered to give thanks to God for this action undertaken in 1848! Who could have predicted it back then?