In 1921, M. and Mme François Gobeil, parents of Sister Françoise d’Alcala snjm, gave some land and a small house, to the Community. Situated beside Lac Millette and surrounded by trees and wildlife, this home was to become a place of rest, relaxation and renewal for many Sisters down through the years. The first group of 13 Sisters arrived in 1922.
Gradually, the house was enlarged by adding on two pavilions to accommodate the large number of Sisters who wanted to spend their holidays in the middle of nature. During the 1960’s, a fenced-in pool was dug out in the lake, near the shoreline, for those who wanted to go swimming. There was even a diving board and a place to lie in the sun within those walls. Two rowboats were available for those who were adventuresome. Eventually, this pool was removed and swimmers gladly swam freely in the lake.