On November 20, 2011, the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary were the invited by the parish of St-Lin-des-Laurentides to celebrate their educative presence there for 163 years. In fact, the community came to the municipality around 1848, during the time of Mother Marie-Rose, foundress of the SNJM community.
From then until 2011, the teaching of academics and music was an important part of the daily life of the Ssters who lived there. During the last years, Sisters Thérèse Poliquin and Réjeanne Venne taught piano. Two of their students, Mme Dominique Morel and Caroline Veervate, went on to earn their livelihood from it.
The Eucharistic celebration, offered for the repose of the soul of Sister Réjeanne Venne who died last January, gathered parishioners, relatives and friends of the SNJM’s. Sister Lorraine Mongeon spoke on behalf of the community. (See the PDF file below.)
Father Wilson Ramirez Angel recalled the noteworthy presence of these religious who were wholeheartedly dedicated to the education of the children from so many generations of families of St-Lin. God be praised for this shared love which grew throughout the years.