On the feast of Blessed Marie-Durocher, October 6, the students of secondary one at Pensionnat St-Nom-de-Marie, in Outremont, received a special visit from Eulalie Durocher.
For the second year in a row, Sister Pierrette Désilets accepted the invitation to introduce our foundress to six groups of students. She presented herself dressed in the costume of the period and by her dynamism captured the attention of these young students. Eulalie, later known as Mother Marie-Rose, was a marvelous woman: committed, educator, daring, artistic, with a heart on fire.
«After each part, I would pause and ask the students who were very attentive and interested, to add to my presentation, the qualities that they had found in Eulalie Durocher.
Here is what they had to say:
- committed woman : welcoming, warm, loving, determined, intelligent, of service
- educator: generous, professional, unique, persevering
- daring : courageous, strong personality, who went right to the end
- artistic : creative, optimistic, original
- woman with a heart in fire : accomplished, passionate!!!»
Mother Marie-Rose woman forever alive!